State Library of South Australia
The State Library of South Australia is a preservation library, so materials and equipment can be used within the library, but are not available for loan. They are, however, able provide an enormous number of their collections online which you can access with a State Library of South Australia Resource Card, if you are a South Australian resident.
In addition to these e-resources the State Library’s website is an excellent portal for further avenues of research. If you visit the State Library you can use your Resource Card as personal identification in their booking systems and for access to internal use of preservation & heritage materials.
You can register for a borrowing card online and collect it from the State Library or have it posted out to you.
Access online journals, books, databases, indexes & lots more
There are several avenues to access the resources you need:
- You can browse the State Library’s eResources listed A-Z
- Search the full text eResources by keyword
- Find the many electronic journals and newspapers the State Library subscribes to from the eJournal portal page
- Search for eResources by subject
- View a list of home access eResources
The State LIbrary has a variety of home access eResources that are useful for students.
- Early Experiences in Australia: primary sources and personal narratives, 1788 – 1901.
- Ebscohost suite of databases
- ANZ Reference Centre
- Academic Search Premier
- MasterFILE Premier
- Business Source Premier
- Consumer Health Complete
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- General Science Full Text
- Environment Complete
- Biological & Agricultural Index Plus
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information
- eBook Collection (Ebsco)
- eLibrary Australasia
- Health and Wellness Resource Centre
- Informit Complete
- A set of mainly Australian databases covering social sciences, business, humanities, law, science and technology.
- Literature Resource Centre
- Nineteenth Century British Library Newspapers
- Sydney Morning Herald archives, 1955 – 1995
- Times digital archive, 1785 – 2007