Build background knowledge
Connect to content
Discover interesting ideas
At this stage the aim is to connect to the overall inquiry content.
We can discover and reflect upon interesting ideas by immersing ourselves together in the background knowledge.
- Read a book, story or article together.
- View a video, visit a museum, gallery or field site.
- Ask an expert for information, conduct an interview.
- Identify other possible sources.
- Continue to collaborate:
- Converse about your ideas .
- Pose questions for discussion and exploration.
- Remember to:
- Interact respectfully with others
- Consider multiple perspectives and ambiguities
- Use strategies to negotiate and resolve contentious issues
- Build upon your background knowledge of the inquiry topic, keeping your eyes peeled to discover interesting ideas which you may explore further.
- Try to recall relevant information from previous experiences.
- Identify the strengths and limitations of your current knowledge and where more investigation may be required.
- Articulate and record this knowledge.
- What do I already know?
- How relevant is the information I already have?
- Is the information I already have credible?
- How can I expand upon what I already know?
- What do I need to find out?
- How will I record new information?
- What sources and equipment can I use?
Polls – SurveyMonkey