4 Great Study Skills & Inquiry Websites
The Knowledge Compass will help you develop effective focus questions for your research task.
Choose a different compass for different question types.
You may feel overwhelmed and ask yourself:
- Where do I start?
- What do I have to do for my assignment?
- Where am I going to get the information I need?
- How do I know what is ‘good’ information?
- Which are the best websites for this assignment?
- How can I make this the best assignment ever?
The Research Safari is designed to help you navigate your way through the ‘jungle of information’. Follow the step-by-step Information / inquiry process to help you work through your research task. There are lots of great tools that you can give your assignment the WOW factor.
Study Vibe is an awesome, user-friendly website which acknowledges that everyone’s learning journey is very different. Leonie McIlvenny has developed a range of resources, programs and products to suit individuals and schools.
Please take a look at this site – it’s truly worth your while. Here’s a quick list of some of the resources within..
- Becoming an Achiever
- It’s all about me
- Let’s get motivated
- Being in balance
- Brain Buzz
- Learning Styles
- Mind Mapping
- Music for learning
- Creative thinking templates
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Planning for success
- The research process
- Web 2.0 (tools online)
- iPad Apps
- Online Safety
Resources to help you achieve academic success in your final year of high school. It includes:
- great subject resources to help you with exam preparation, a library of resource documents to aid in study skills and planning;
- an extensive video library including topics such as exam preparation, essay writing, study tips, relaxation and more..
Let’s not limit this site to Year 12’s – it’s a useful resource for any year.